Friday, August 9, 2013

Week 1 Update: Donations, Q&A, Site Stats

Hello Fellow Megapolis Players, and MegapolisTips.com Loyal Users.

I just want to take a second of your time to address some questions I have been receiving.

The first question I want to answer that I have received was about Donations! 

I was asked if: I would accept Donations?
  • I have never done this with a blog before but with some research I have found a way for my users to Donate to Megapolis Tips through PayPal, safely and securely. That is if you choose to. I will be using these donations to hold contests on the site for Facebook Credits that will be randomly awarded to a selected user. They will also cover the cost of the web domain.
If you Decide you do want to Donate to MegapolisTips.com please use the bellow buttons, to follow a safe, and secure PayPal checkout:


Donation Amount
As a Bonus for users who do Donate they will have their names posted on the "Donations" page as a Premium Member, if you choose you may have your Facebook Link Attached to your name to have visitors add you. If you decide to do this please include your Facebook Link in the messages at Checkout! Premium Members will also get extra entries into Special Facebook Credit Drawings depending on their donation level.


Thank you all for Donating! I really appreciate it, your donation keeps the new content coming!

Moving On:
Click "Read More" to See Q&A, and Site Stats.




I was asked on a similar note by a few users of this site if: I was getting any financial gain from this.... Dare I say "Amazing Site"?

  • Well to honestly answer this question I would have to factor in the amount of time I've spent searching the game codes for images, quest lines, assets required, and then turning around and re coding it into the blog. Yes this blog has Google Ads that generate a minimal amount of revenue daily, and to be completely open has equaled to $3.31 in the first week of the site going live. Yes theoretically this number should increase as the site gains more and more popularity, and I see a spike when I release a new page but it is only a few cents. In other words not worth the hours invested. But I'm not in it for the money, or the fame, or the "power". I created this site for you! The everyday Megapolis player looking for a one up on a constantly changing game. My goal was to help as many people as Possible. And it seems to be working. 
Another Great Question was: "Where do you get your images?"
  • As many of you may be able to tell the images are .png files. I get these directly from the game code. So the image of a building you see on this site is the exact same image you see in the game, give or take the animations. I am very proud of staying ahead of my competitor sites in having the newest buildings images first, and I try to keep them isolated to the site. 
Quest Guides Currently in the Works:

  • Home Movies - Film Studio
  • New Areas - Overpass
  • Musical Olympus - Auditorio de Tenerife 
  • Continued Development - North Bridge
  • Accumulating Finances - National Bank of Megapolis
  • The Study of Water - Hydrology Institute 



Here are a few site Stats from the First Week in Business:
  • There has been over 3,000 Unique Visitors.
  • 45% of you are coming back almost everyday (That is AWESOME!)
  • The Country with the most Visits is the U.S.A. with the U.K. in a close Second.
  • The average user spends 181-600 seconds on the Site.

I again thank you for the overwhelming amount of support and positive comments I have received, this site is a labor of love and I will continue to grow it with your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment